Common Repairs for the 2011-2019 BMW 3 Series
The sixth generation BMW 3 Series (F30/F31/F34) is a popular model among car enthusiasts and consumers. It was produced from 2011 to 2019. The sporty driving dynamics, luxury features and decent fuel economy make it a favorite choice in the compact segment.
The 6th generation BMW 3 Series (F30/F31/F34) is a popular model that has been known to have some common repair problems. Here are a few:
- Timing Chain Tensioner Failure: The timing chain tensioner in the BMW 3 Series is known to fail, leading to a rattling noise and possible engine damage. BMW has issued a recall for certain models to replace the tensioner.
- Electric Water Pump Failure: The electric water pump in BMW cars is known to fail after a certain amount of use. Signs of a failing water pump include overheating, reduced engine power, and engine warning lights.
- Oil Leaks: Oil leaks are a common issue in the BMW 3 Series, and are often caused by issues with gaskets and seals. The most common areas for oil leaks include the valve cover gasket, oil filter housing gasket, and oil pan gasket.
- Turbocharger Failure: The turbochargers in some BMW 3 Series models have been known to fail, leading to reduced engine power and poor performance. Signs of a failing turbocharger include smoke from the exhaust and a whining noise.
- Fuel Injector Problems: Fuel injectors in the BMW 3 Series have been known to fail, leading to poor fuel economy and reduced engine power. Signs of a failing fuel injector include rough idling and a lack of power when accelerating.
Troubleshooting and repairing BMWs is what Perfection Auto Works does best. We have pretty much seen every problem that a BMW can have. Our experience working on BMW cars is what makes Perfection Auto Works the best choice when you need a mechanic for your BMW. Call 520-323-8650 to schedule your BMW service appointment today!