Air Conditioning Repair For Your Car
Troubleshooting and repairing the air conditioning system in a car can be a complex and time-consuming process. As mechanics in Tucson, AZ we fix a lot of cars with air conditioner problems. You want mechanics who have experience in working on AC systems and Perfection Auto Works has them!
These are a few of the AC troubleshoot steps we take:
- Check for power: If the air conditioning system isn’t turning on at all, the first step is to check for power to the system. We check the fuses and relays related to the system and make sure they’re not blown or damaged.
- Check the refrigerant levels: Low refrigerant levels can cause the air conditioning system to blow warm air. Our technicians use a gauge to check the refrigerant levels in the system and add more if necessary. If the refrigerant is low, you may have a leak in the system that needs to be repaired.
- Check the compressor: The compressor is responsible for compressing the refrigerant and circulating it through the system. If the compressor is faulty or damaged, it can cause the air conditioning system to malfunction. Perfection Auto Works will check the compressor for signs of damage or wear, and replace it if necessary.
- Check the condenser: The condenser is responsible for cooling the refrigerant as it circulates through the system. If the condenser is dirty or clogged, it can prevent the air conditioning system from working properly. We clean or replace the condenser as needed.
- Check the evaporator: The evaporator is responsible for removing heat from the air as it passes through the system. If the evaporator is dirty or clogged, it can prevent the air conditioning system from blowing cold air. The evaporator is another part we clean or replace as needed.
- Check the blower motor: The blower motor is responsible for blowing air through the system and into the cabin of the car. If the blower motor is faulty or damaged, it can prevent the air conditioning system from working properly. We check the motor for signs of damage or wear, and replace it if necessary.
- Check the electrical connections: Loose or damaged electrical connections can cause the air conditioning system to malfunction. Our mechanics check all the electrical connections related to the system and make sure they’re secure and free of damage.
Your car’s air conditioning system can be complicated to troubleshoot and fix. It’s best to take it to a professional mechanic who can diagnose and fix the problem. Our ASE certified mechanics will get your car blowing ice cold again. Call Perfection Auto Works at 520-323-8650 to schedule your AC appointment.